Good About Girls

Boys I'm used to. Admittedly, there were times when I had this niggling fear that God might "punish" me somehow for putting so many obnoxious males out in the world, but then they grew up a bit more. For the most part, I am grateful that all my kids are boys, completely glad. I took care of a couple of little girls over the years and can hardly believe how much I dislike raising girls! In general they've seemed bossy, devious, greedy and mean. Now that I have my little granddaughter, I'm trying to find something special about girls and it's been difficult. But then...

The kids were playing cops and they were "unresting" us (arresting). Little A went to her dad's girlfriend and said, "Put out your hands young lady," then she came to me and said the same thing. I said, "But I'm not young." Don't you figure she would say, "Then put out your hands old lady"? She didn't. She looked at me for a moment, thinking, then said, "Put out your hands, lady."

THIS is one thing little girls can understand that little boys definitely do not. TACT!

No comments: